Followers

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Goodnight 6

On the eve of a birthday, it's become tradition in our house to take a picture at bedtime of our child going to sleep for the last time at that age.  It makes them feel special and embark the morning with a new grown-up outlook (that lasts all of 32 seconds) - a whole year older!  I always end up having a little cry on the night - one more year gone so fast.
 
Six was very hard for us as a family, our princess was replaced with a teenager, as if overnight a stranger walked in to our home - an angry stranger - and completely upturned our lives.  Things are getting easier now but I felt as if I wanted to document this year, even though it was very hard for me to put it down on paper.
 

 
I felt as though I wanted to get inky with this layout - it expressed the emotions, the moodiness and the tears.  It also made me feel that within all of this chaos, there was a bit of sparkle and a rainbow. 
 
I know, real deep!
So there you have it.. life, real life - not the glossy world they have you see in blogs where a unicorn brings you breakfast in bed every morning.
Being a mum is hard.. I wouldn't change it for the world though.  And that's the truth :)
 
post signature

3 comments:

Christine said...

What a lovely idea to take a pic the night before :)

Love that you have documented the 'warts & all' of life x

melissa cruickshank said...

Another great layout. Love the picture of Emily's painted nails, she looks so cute cuddling Pikachu. I think the purpose of journalling is to remember the good, the bad and the ugly (ha, ha), as after all they're all memories. Love the spots of blue and the pink in the bottom corner - really pretty!

Anonymous said...

oZzy moved away some time ago, I miss his cock, and I'm always hungry for sexual intercourse.
FUCK MY PUSSY!

My site hcg injections
Also see my page > hcg injections