Followers

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Card for my friend

One of my bestest friends recentely asked me to create a card for her sister's birthday.  She loves pink and Disney Princesses.. even though she is in her 20's.. my kinda girl :)

So I set to work and created a little easel card as I think they're kinda magic and pretty!


This is the card stood up.. See how I used peel offs and they're perfectly OK?!


Here's the card when folded back down into a normal flat card.  I love the shabby chic sorta fairytale look, it's such a great excuse to use lashings of glitter!



This is the embellishment cluster which was built up on a raised gold embossed sticker with a pearl heart and gems.  I just love scattering butterflies everywhere.. there doesn't have to be a reason for them!



Here's the inside of the card where I'm going to use letter stickers to spell out a special greeting.  My friend first language is not English so i'm waiting on her to let me know the special message.. it's usually pretty long.. their words make Mary Poppins look illiterate!

The image was coloured in using Promarkers and a selection of antique pinks and peaches.  The die cut was a Tim Holtz Die, flowers are by Prima, glitter is Tim Holtz Distress Stickles, Golden stickers are all Papermania and pearls are Basic Grey.  Image by Magnolia but sent to me courtesy of my dear friend Mel :)

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel,

the card is so BEAUTIFUL. As usual, your work is just pure magic. Well done and please keep crafting.
Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful work.

Ss xxx

BUZZINGSTREET said...

Nice post. Its always better to think before investing money in stock market. Investment should be done in share market but with the aim to increase our funds so speculation should not be the mode of investment. Investors should know why they are investing money in any stock.
Regards