Followers

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Never Ending Cards and Antique Promarkers


I just love these scalloped card blanks from Papermania, with a sweep of Colourbox chalk ink around the edges they look instantly amazing.. before adding the goodies!


This card was made with a gorgeous stamped image from Sugar Nellie @ http://www.funkykits.co.uk/
I achieved a vintage effect by layering brown and pink Promarkers,  building a gradient and adding the colour 'putty' each time as a blending agent to give an antique finish.



To finish, I finally used the flower I cut on my Craft Robo when I first got it around 2 years ago! Glittered and layered, to create a really pretty inside.



I love that lace tape, it's perfect for just adding the last little finishing touch of decoration :)

For Emily's birthday, I thought she would love the magic of a never-ending card.  I followed an excellent tutorial on YouTube:



and she absolutely loved it!

We start off with the personalised cover:
That magically opens to:


Look at all that sparkle! My princess loves glitter as much as me so I made sure to make there was plenty of princesses and plenty of sparkle!

Not sure why this one has got an amazing black sideline ;) Ah well!

And we finally arrive at the end.. the greeting!  After photographs, I added a journalling block to write in a special message.


Thanks for stopping by!

Wishing you a lovely day,

♥♥ Mel ♥♥

2 comments:

qwiksave said...

Some more great makes Mel - you are SO good with Promarkers. Wondering whether I should invest...?

Loving the magic card for your little girl too, its so perfect! She will be playing with it forever!

qwiksave x

melissa75 said...

Stunning sugar nellie card - I can't believe the effects that you've achieved with your promarkers!! Love the locket and the key and I love how you've decorated the inside. I must get some of the card blanks - I'm so dull I've only got white.
Fabulous "princess" card - it must have taken ages to make - love the glitter.