Followers

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Christmas Door Hanger - Present Idea

Mission:
This year I have created a list of things I hope to achieve for Christmas, one of those is to make Christmas special for my mum.
Reason:
It's hard to believe she was once a little girl (hehe) but as I grow older, I realise I never feel any different inside but I am expected to accept a less magical and boring life. There is no way this young at heart girl will allow that so why should I expect it of my parents? My mum should still have a Christmas like when she was younger with all the magic of surprise gifts and trips out, I also don't want her to miss out now that we have all left home so every day a part of me will be there.
Solution:
I am working towards some little surprise gifts for my mum in the form of an advent hamper so that she can open a present every day and receive a little magic. Hopefully she will be bursting with excitement by the time the big day comes round :)
So here is a simple gift I have created, a Christmas door Hanger:

I think this will make the perfect gift for day 1 to welcome Christmas.
I used an acrylic album by Papermania (Currently on offer for just a few pounds at their online store) and pulled it apart so that each page can be converted into a hanger. Diamond glaze is the perfect adhesive for this so that no glue shows through.
I think this is a fun and cheap gift that will make use of any craft scraps you have and be treasured for years.

3 comments:

Rainmac said...

Wow Mel, that is absolutely stunning xxx

cazsmum said...

Wow! So beautiful - your talent never fails to amaze me x

Katy said...

Gorgeous honey!! Love acrylic pieces and you have made this just fabulous :)

xx