Followers

Friday, July 31, 2009

Martha Stewart came for tea and ended up staying..

Oh hello,
Look it's me again! Ok, so it's not the night I promised I would be back.. but look.. I did make some pretties! Oh and of course.. Would I break a promise to you?.. I used that Martha punch liberally.. but only because I promised you of course..

The above card was made as a little notelet and the Papermania elements just kick it up a notch.. gorgeous detailing and glitter in real life.

And then we have my favourite card.. All made from my fair hand.. meaning.. NO patterned paper was hurt in the making:

I love the shine of Christmas and can easily get over a peel-off when it finishes a card so nicely (oh and easily)

There was some serious aging and shine going on with this stamped centrepiece:

I love how the gold embossing powder appears bronze at the edge when the ink pad stains over it

Bored of Close ups? Ah ok.. here's the whole thing:


It's amazing what you can do with some tools and a white piece of cardstock. Oh hang on.. there is a touch of patterened paper there for the vine.. Naughty me!
I am really getting into Christmas lately.. There is no way I will be caught out this year with half made cards sitting in my handbag never sent. It's time to make in advance and feel smug this December!
It's raining heavily today.. fantastic! I love the rain :)
The voting is getting furious over at http://creativitylifemag.blogspot.com for the Scrapbook Apprentice Competition. I have had such a good run of mystery votes and support and I would like to say a huge thank you to every single person that took the time to vote for me. I am proud that I made it down to the final 4 and we will see where fate will take me in the forthcoming months. Either way, I made a great friend and stepped out of my comfort zone using patterns and colours that scared me half to death!
Wishing you a lovely weekend!

4 comments:

Rainmac said...

Wow Mel, they are stunning xxx

Katy said...

Fab Mel!! Love the Christmas card I didn't even realise there was no patterned paper until I looked at the finished card!! :D

xx

Mhaggie said...

How clever are you???
Gorgeous card x

Ann said...

I love your card. Very detailed and it all comes together!
Ann.