Followers

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Some scrapbook pages and a Scrapbook Apprentice Update!

The weather has been all over the place lately and I find myself going from super-hyper to down and exhausted. Whilst riding this rollercoaster it has been a case of snatching time where my mind will allow me to do the things I want before flopping into bed with the everlong Twilight.

I was just chatting online to my awesome friend K and her son learnt to say 'Mel'. EEK! That is so darn cute I want to just buy him something haha! Well done little man.. I get called Men, Moon and Emeny so rolling off 'Mel' is just showing you are a clever little star.

As a challenge for my UKS team of 'beginner' scrappers, I have been asked to give a class on creating a layout about 'me'. This is always a brilliant topic to scrapbook and one I encourage and remind people of all the time!

These are the two layouts I came up with (unfortunately) featuring the ever-camera shy me.

In this layout I took the approach of creating the page but allowing Lee to choose the title and write a secret letter about how he sees me as I can be my own worst critic. The photograph was mounted onto an envelope to create a secret pocket for the note:




















Oh and then I just had the excuse to show off this totally cute hair slide I made.. EEK I love it!! Look.. I got black hair again!!:


















I did 3 months of brown and it was killing me!

The second layout was a continuation of a tradition I complete every year.. just a few bulletpoints describing me at my age:























So.. onto the Scrapbook Apprentice!!

I have taken close-ups of every product created so that you can share my journey but I have been so busy creating I forgot to upload them! We are not allowed to show the packages received or full pictures of our work so it is very difficult! Sometimes my least favourite layout is chosen to be displayed and I am so desperate to show you my other (like this month!)

Thank you so much for keeping me in.. even with the shock double eviction I survived!! I am so greatful to you all for your votes.

On to the 'Sneak Peeks/Close Ups'

Challenge 4 (This months)

'Sisters' Layout Close Ups:





















'Happy treasures' layout:






'Party' Card:


















'Dragonfly Happy Birthday' Card:














































Next months work so far:
'Birthday Girl' Layout:


























































So there we have it..
This months challenge is ribbon techniques so look out in my next post for more sneak peeks and temptations to get you using up all of those gorgeous strands! Heaven knows we all have enough, right? NO never enough!!
Peace and Love
♥♥ Mel ♥♥

6 comments:

K said...

Yay, my lil Kai got a mention :D
I WANT you hair clip, & & & & your talent, & a nosey at what Lee put, but having it a secret will keep it even more precious to you, something to read when your feeling low & your confidence has taken a battering.
Fab work Mel, as always
Big hugs
K

Liberty :) said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous as ever! I love your work it is fabulous. You are very lovely too !!

I like the "me at 25" page - I might even do one :) I have new card yay!

melissa75 said...

Gorgeous work Mel. I love the idea of getting your OH to write stuff about you and then pop it under the photo. I love that pink paper that you've used on the first layout, it looks so striking against the neutral background.
Love the second layout too. Such a lovely idea to have a record of yourself, the pink scalloped border loos gorgeous.
Can't wait to see your work on scrapbook apprentice again, by the sneak peaks you have given us it looks fab - especially those birds - how cute!!

Jo Power said...

Fab sneak peaks they are brilliant. I love the idea of keeping that note a secret as its something special that he has written about you and only you and him should know about it.
Keep up the good work on the apprentice you are very very very talented.

furrypig said...

Mel to me you are more than the scrapbook apprentice! You don't need to be an apoprentice because your work is soooo amazing!! Whatever happens in that competition you are my number 1 scrapbooker as you are always thinking of others and helping us newbies to scrapping and answering my many stupid questions!! You rock and are my rockin' role model!! Luv u xxx

Lou Collins said...

Just found your blog, loving your designs...keep up the inspiration!
Lou XX
http:scrapprentice.blogspot.com