Followers

Monday, March 23, 2009

Scrapbook Apprentice - Challenge 5 Sneak Peeks!

Firstly, a big thank you to all of my followers for supporting me. If you're reading this, leave a comment and let me know you're alive!!

Hopefully, fingers and toes crossed.. I will make it into the next round for The Scrapbook Apprentice.. and you will get to see the yummy things I made with this months kit. It seriously was a frog that evolved into a prince. Bright green (Limeade) and seriously shocking pink (Bubblegum) were all thrown together with a huge bundle of gorgeous ribbons to calm the nerves. This months challenge was to focus on ribbon techniques. Heaven knows I collect enough ribbons.. but I can't say that I ever use them :)

So without further waffling here are the sneak peeks..
(sorry the photographs are rubbish but there has been no sun here!!)























You may have noticed that this month I have been asked to also do an extra project. Anything I wanted.. but still got to incorporate ribbon techniques hmm.. well all I can say is this would be perfect for a very cheap personalised gift and was bags of fun to make :)
I made two REALLY awesome cards and thought I had photographed them but alas.. I hadn't *screams*. One was shaped like a handbag.. I can't wait for you to see it. I went to town on that white cardstock and it just looked so pretty I really didn't want to part with it! The second is my rebellion.. I used this shocking bright kit in a cunning way to create a seriously soft and delicate baby card. That is not the best bit though.. underneath the card is a surprise for baby.. adorned with matching ribbons.. ahh wait till you see it!!
I would like to thank my very good friend Melissa for that idea.. she is so brilliant at siefting great ideas out of the internet and inspires me all the time.
Yesterday was a perfect mothers day even though I had the cold and sore throat from hell. My kids make me so happy all the time and my husband just tries so hard it fills me with love. He had cleared the top half of the garden just for me (because I had been hankering after a BBQ for so long) and then went to Asda to get charcoal and ingredients. We had a brilliant day and the kids made me cry when they presented me with cards. I'm going to scrap the day later so i'll show you piccies then.
I hope you had a wonderful mothers day.. Let me know about it x
I'm back to my duvet ;)
♥♥ Mel ♥♥

2 comments:

Padster said...

I think I'm alive but I'm not 100% sure - lol!

Fabulous work as always - can't wait to see it in all it's glory.

xx

Liberty :) said...

I am roughly alive! Love the ribbons with the rub-ons(?) on?Very clever! X