Followers

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Prima swirls and bling titles - I love Sparklies!

Anyone that knows me, knows that I love my sparklies. This can take shape in the form of glitter, diamantes, irridescence, holographics, metallics.. oh I am practically making an order for another fix of pretties right now!

I have been so busy with Scrapbook Apprentice work and it has been a great excuse to not do anything.. but when Katie left us a week without a parcel.. what could a girl do.. I had to scrap.

I haven't scrapped my family for so long now so I really enjoyed digging out a picture from the wedding and finally using a quote I had saved. The moment I saw 'Did you know that I was waiting for you? To love you for the rest of my life?" It really rang true in my heart but it's a long story!


I've had these blingy words for a long time now and the flourishes just kicked me into maximum sparkly overdrive. I haven't been able to use my own antique style for so long now as the materials I was sent were too bright so it was like slipping into a pair of comfy old shoes and getting aquainted with an old love.

The second layout needed some butterflies just to convey how this little bundle of preciousness makes me feel. I have added some concealed journalling (I don't do picture books!) but the picture speaks a thousand words to me.

























If I didn't use all pink she would kill me. For sure.

I hope the sun has been shining in your life wherever you are. I am thinking of running a giveaway soon, so watch this space. My heart has been so full of love from my friends lately that I seem to be giving away like crazy and I'd love to give something on my blog.

TTFN

♥♥ Mel ♥♥

12 comments:

Padster said...

Mel they are beautiful!

I don't know why but when you said wedding I expected you to be in purple for some reason.

**Crawls back under fluffy wool mountain** :c)

xx

furrypig said...

F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!
what more can I say

xxx

cazsmum said...

Gorgeous Mel! Being a sucker for pink and butterflies (only fake ones though, real ones freak me out!) I have to say that the second one is my favourite. Good luck with the apprentice x

Liberty :) said...

Gorgeous as usual!

Mhaggie said...

Gorgeous! x

melissa75 said...

Absolutely stunning work again Mel, I love the blingy swirls on your first page and your daughter looks so cute - you really have a unique style of your own. One day I hope to be half as good as you!

Rainmac said...

Wow wow wow Mel, too beautiful to put into words so I'm not going to even attempt to. You are so creative and inspiring, your work always makes me gasp as it's simply breathtaking!!!

Maria said...

I really love your style, so pretty.

Dappyme said...

Oh my goodness Mel, absolutely stunning. What mroe can I say! XX

Dynamite said...

Woooooooo, young Mel and Lee, things a' gettin' STEAMMMAYYYY!

Great work Mel, I don't know how you do it, or even build up the necessary patience, but I love you for it!

Keep going!

D.

Nina said...

They are both totally stunning.You make me want to run to my stash cupboard and make things!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!