Followers

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Creativity Life! Scrapbook Apprentice Sneak Peeks

Firstly, I would like to say a big HELLO and WELCOME *takes finger off shift key as it can get annoying* to all of my new guests and lurkers :) Please.. come out of the shadows and leave a comment!

I have finally completed my Scapbook Apprentice work and boy was it a tough challenge this month. I had to create 2 single photo layouts and 2 cards from 6 pieces of coredinations cardstock, a sheet of letter stickers, some turquoise pearls, a pack of metal brads and a pot of brown paint.. eek! Everything was going suprisingly well until I knocked over a tube of diamond glaze and it COVERED my layout. I suppose this would be beautiful for that run-inky-glossy effect ;) But not on my layout!

I SO wish I could show you the finished work to chat over but I am sworn to secrecy so here are the obligatory sneak peeks :D

Layout 1 - My Sunshine:

Layout 2 - Our Mum
Card 1 - Hello Robot!



Card 2 - Happy Birthday Teal













And here is one I can show in its full glory (?!) as it won't be getting sent away..
Boy oh boy is it hard to complete these challenges but I am loving every second of it. They really push me to be creative, to enjoy myself crafting and to try to better myself every month.
The best thing is to see the overwhelming amount of votes I have received. I just feel elated and overjoyed you would think of me so highly. I love the stunning work the other girls produce every single month without fail and it is an honour to be voted. So from the bottom of my heart I want to thank you for taking time out of your life to vote for me.
My Magnolia stamps just turned up.. YIPPEE!!!

10 comments:

SABEE said...

your sneek peeks look fab, cant wait to see the rest ....

K said...

Press capslock instead, far less annoying, lol

Love those flowers, care to share your technique? Do they keep there shape if say in a scrapbook that lies doen under others?

Looking forward to the unveiling :)

melissa75 said...

How long do we have to wait until we see your projects - from what I can see they look fabulous. I don't know how you manage to do it with such strick rules on what you can use. Good luck!

Lynn said...

sneaks look lovely Malanie :)

furrypig said...

fab work as usual I can't wait until you reveal all!!!

Kat said...

HI Mel,

I'm one of your newbies! ;) Love your card sneekies - what alphabet did you use on the Happy Birthday? Or is it - *gasp* - hand cut???

Ayesha said...

uwww cant wait to see the rest of your layouts as they look fab

~Vicki~ said...

ooh those all look really yummy, i'm enjoying seeing your work on the apprentice and good luck xx

Jo Power said...

Wow the sneak peaks look fab can't wait to see the full LO's. Good luck with the rest of the apprentice.

jay670120 said...

lovely colours and great looking papers cant wait to see the finished pieces .