Followers

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Preparing for Christmas

I have been preparing for Christmas following the OrganizedChristmas.com plan since October.

This time last year I actually had my decorations up but I decided it wouldn't be fair to make the kids wait that long this year!

I am so excited. They really 'get it' this year and I have finally completed my shopping for them yesterday. In years to come they won't remember the toys, just the memories. I know I have overspent. Now to try overspending in fun creating those memories :)

I am waiting for my first parcel today for the 'Scrapbook Apprentice' challenge and it really is so exciting! I have never done anything so big in my life and this is just about me and im afraid. I hope that I inspire someone somewhere to start saving their special memories in a scrapbook.

Here are the cards I have made so far this year for Christmas:












































I picked up a copy of Creativity Life On Saturday after searching everywhere for it. It came bundled with the other Creativity magazine and a pack of free Papermania sparkling trims which have the cutest tinsel and sparkliest ribbons I have ever seen :) In the middle was a sneak peek giveaway of some brand new WRMK christmas papers and I loved them so much that I scrapped for the first time in months:
I used the X-Cut Corner rounder to make a cute scalloped trim then sanded down the coredinations cardstock for a soft effect. The journalling reads how the kids love this penguin at Christmas and call him "pignu"
I picked up a really cute wooden 3d reindeer and sleigh from Hobbycraft for a bargain 99p and wanted to do something nice with it. I figured I could keep the kids reindeer food ready for christmas eve in there and set about covering and sanding them :) The shapes were real tricky but the Basic Grey Precision files got into every nook and cranny. He has a little bell around his neck which is too cute!!
I am so excited to be meeting up with a few girls from the scrapping team i'm in over christmas. They mean the world to me and we have been in each others lives for 2 years now. Milly is coming all the way from Scotland so that just makes me feel so special, she is a real special friend. I haven't seen Niamh for over a year so when I get to see her again i'm going to just hug her face off. I love her!!
See, I did leave you for a while, but I have been busy!!
Until next time,
MERRY CHRISTMAS (almost)
xxx

3 comments:

Milly said...

Hey look I got a mention in your blog! I haven't been here a while and I forgot how cool your page looks. Wish I was able to do something like this. Cute Christmas cards, must post some of mine up too. Love the sleigh though, I've been looking for one to do myself, actually found some at Baker Ross the kiddies site. Lovely work here petal, as usual xx

milly (again) said...

Oh and ps; Good luck in the Apprentice, personally I think you should win but then I'm biased ;)

Liberty :) said...

Cards are absolutely gorge. Are the "Let is snow" words a stamp? I don't have the patience for stamping !!